JoBrant has built five mock up rooms which the public can view during the following Public Open Houses:
Wednesday, March 16, 2016 from 5 – 7 pm
Wednesday, April 20, 2016 from 5 – 7 pm
835 Harrington Court, Burlington
I recently toured the rooms, and they are designed with patient health and well-being in mind. Among the changes: the operating rooms are twice as large as they are now, to allow state of the art equipment, and room for medical staff; the patient rooms are larger, wheelchair accessible, more comfortable for visitors and feature picture windows to the lake.
The province of Ontario is investing $300+ million to the project – approximately 2/3 of the total cost of the project.
When the new hospital opens, it will feature (among other things):
- new seven-storey patient care tower with space for 172 additional beds
- modern emergency department and a new main entrance on Lakeshore Rd.
- Expanded diagnostic imaging services, which will provide capacity for an additional 23,745 exams per year
- Nine modern operating rooms and a post-anaesthetic care unit with capacity for an additional 1,770 inpatient and day surgery cases
- An expanded cancer clinic that can serve an additional 2,876 patient visits
- 28 new Intensive Care Unit beds
- Large bright rooms with views of Lake Ontario
- 70% private rooms
- and much more.
Be sure to swing by the open houses to see for yourself!