The Neighbourhood Community Matching Fund program was designed to inspire residents to be active and engaged in their communities by championing small projects that enhance the quality of life for everyone.
Information sessions are being held for residents to learn more about the program:
Wednesday, Jan. 25, │ 7 – 9 p.m.
City Hall, 426 Brant St., Room 247
Wednesday, Feb. 08, │ 7 – 9 p.m.
Haber Recreation Centre 3040 Tim Dobbie Drive, Community Room 1
You could be involved in creating and delivering a project and receive up to $5,000 in matching funds to do it. We are looking for projects that:
- Inspire community connections
- Enhance playability, walkability, connectivity within neighbourhoods
- Improve parks, playgrounds or green areas
- Advance arts and culture in the community
- Promote beautification, cleanliness and naturalization
- Create places for the community to gather (bumping places)
- Improve safety
Residents can apply using the online application form and budget worksheet provided. Upon approval, the City will supply funding up to $5,000 to match the equivalent contribution made by the neighbourhood project group. Volunteer labour, donated services as well as materials and supplies are all recognized as matched funds.
The deadline for applications will be March 15, 2017 with the winning projects announced in April. More information is available on the City’s website at www.burlington.ca/matchingfund. Questions can be directed to email@example.com.