Development & Infrastructure (Nov. 17); Community & Corporate Services (Nov. 18); City Council (Nov. 20)
Agendas, links to reports, minutes and webcast for all meetings available here:
Committee & Council Agendas/Minutes/Webcast
Development & Infrastructure Committee, Mon. Nov. 17, 6:30pm, City Hall
1. Report providing the 2014 Accessibility Progress Report. (CW-01-14). Pages 1 to 22
2. Report recommending approval for three temporary banner signs at 390 Pearl Street – Pearl and Pine Retirement Community. (PB-97-14). Pages 23 to 30
1. Presentation of the Riva Luminary Award for making significant advancements to the functionality of Riva software at the City of Burlington.
Delegation(s): See delegation information below.
1. Report providing a storm water update regarding the flooding on August 4, 2014. (CW-03-14). Pages 31 to 40
2. Report providing an update on the Burlington Executive Airpark. (DID-7-14). Pages 41 to 46
1. Report recommending support for proposed changes to the Federal Aeronautics Act. (CM-18-14). Pages 47 to 70
Community & Corporate Services Committee, Tues. Nov. 18, 1pm, City Hall
1. Presentation of LEED® Certification Award for the Burlington Transit administration and maintenance facility.
1. Report providing the financial status as at September 30, 2014. (F-38-14). Pages 1 to 20
1. Correspondence from Eric Vandewall, President & CEO of Joseph Brant Hospital regarding renovations to Joseph Brant Hospital. Pages 21 to 22
Eric Vandewall and Anissa Hilborn will appear to speak.
1. Update on business process management: Bringing great things to life in Burlington – sharing our success. Pages 23 to 42
2. Report recommending the approval of the 2015 meeting schedule for Council and Standing Committees. (CL-19-14). Pages 43 to 48
3. Report recommending approval of 2015/2016 festivals and events. (PR-21-14). Pages 49 to 68
4. Report providing an update on the 2015 Pan Am/Parapan Am Games. (CSI-14-14). Pages 69 to 78
5. Memorandum from Mayor Goldring regarding staff direction to recognize Canada’s 150th Anniversary. (SD-25-14). Pages 79 to 80
Confidential Matters for Consideration:
1. Confidential human resources update regarding City Manager recruitment. (HR-04-14)
2. Confidential legal department report regarding the status of Regional Official Plan Amendment (ROPA) 38. (L-23-14)
3. Confidential legal department report regarding Site Alteration By-law 64-2014. (L-30-14)
City Council, Nov. 20, 6:30pm, City Hall
City Council votes on any recommendations arising from the D&I and C&CS meetings of Nov. 17 and 18. Agenda, when available (usually one week prior to the meeting) will be posted here.
Register to Speak as a delegation:
Delegations to the Development and Infrastructure Committee meeting or the Community and Corporate Services Committee meeting must register, either in writing, (fax 905-335-7675 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org), online here or by telephone 905-335-7600, ext. 7458 with the Clerks Department, no later than 9:30 a.m. on the day of the meeting. Each delegation at the committee meeting will be allowed a maximum of 10 minutes to present their support or opposition to the matter before the Standing Committee.