I’m encouraging all of our Community Liaisons in Ward 2 to talk to your neighbours about opportunities to use this fund to make your area better. Then submit an application by the April 29 deadline.
The Neighbourhood Community Matching Fund will provide up to $5,000 in city funding to support projects led by neighbourhood and community groups in Burlington. Approved projects receive up to 50 per cent of the funding for the project from the city. The neighbourhood or community group will match this funding with an equal contribution made up through any combination of volunteer hours, donated services, donated materials and supplies or other funds raised, such as cash donations. The application submission deadline is Friday, April 29, 2016. Funding projects will be announced in June.
The matching fund’s goal is to inspire Burlington residents to become actively involved in local projects that:
- Inspire community connections
- Enhance playability, walkability, connectivity within neighbourhoods
- Improve park, playgrounds or green areas
- Advance arts and culture in the community
- Promote encourage beautification and cleanliness and naturalization
- Create places for community to gather (bumping places).
- Improve safety
Interested resident groups can:
- Visit www.burlington.ca/matchingfund.
- Review the Criteria and Guidelines document for details about eligible applicants, projects and how to apply.
- Bring people together to work with you on your project.
- Collect at least three letters of support.
- Develop a project budget that shows how you will match the city funding.
- Apply for funding online by Friday, April 29, 2016.
For more information, contact Denise Beard Manager of Community Development Office: 905-335-7600, ext. 7518 email: email@example.com