The city has received an Official Plan Amendment and Zoning By-law Amendment to permit the development of a six-storey mixed use building at 92 Plains Rd E with office/commercial space on the ground floor, 50 residential units above, and two levels of underground parking. The proposal is a resubmission of an application which was deemed complete on May 16, 2016 which contemplated a four-storey building consisting of office/commercial uses on the ground floor and residential above, having a density of 111 units per hectare.
The subject lands are designated Residential – Medium Density within the City’s Official Plan. This designation allows ground or non-ground oriented housing units with a density ranging between 26 and 50 units per hectare. The revised proposal has a proposed density of 230 units per hectare.
A second Neighbourhood Meeting will be held to discuss the revised proposal. Details are as follows:
Date: Thursday Dec. 7, 2017
Time: 7 p.m.
Location: St. Matthews Church, Parish Hall
126 Plains Rd. E., Burlington, ON
The following documentation and plans were submitted in support of the revised applications. This information can also be accessed at: www.burlington.ca/92plains
Revisions to Proposal (October 2017 Resubmission)
- Revised Planning Justification Report (Oct. 2017) (PDF)
- Revised Site Plan, Floor Plans, and Elevations (Oct. 2017) (PDF)
- Revised Functional Servicing Report (Sept. 2017) (PDF)
- Revised Grading and Servicing Plans (Sept. 2017) (PDF)
- Revised Landscape Planting Plan (Oct. 2017) (PDF)
- Revised Landscape Details (Oct. 2017) (PDF)
- Revised Landscape Layout and Materials (Oct. 2017) (PDF)
- Addendum to Noise Study (Oct. 2017) (PDF)
- Traffic Impact Statement and Parking Study Update (Oct. 2017) (PDF)
- Revised Tree Conservation Plan (Oct. 2017) (PDF)
- Revised Tree Inventory List (Oct. 2017) (PDF)
- Addendum to Revised Planning Justification Report (Oct. 2017) (PDF))
- Geotechnical Investigation (Sept. 2016) (PDF)
- Revised Shadow Study (Oct. 201) (PDF)
Planning staff intend to complete a report on this application in Spring 2018.
To see other development applications in Ward One visit: Current Developments Ward 1
To see other development applications across the city visit: Current Developments City-Wide
Questions and comments about the project can be directed to the planner on the file:
Planner on File
Mailing Address: 426 Brant St., Burlington, ON L7R 3Z6
Phone: 905-335-7600, ext. 7788