City council is returning to the business of the city following a six-week break from city and regional standing committee and citizen committee meetings. The break was instituted in part because citizens don’t like when council conducts significant business while you’re away on holidays and can’t participate.
Regional meetings began Sept. 2, (all members of Burlington City Council sit on Halton Regional Council.) City standing committee meetings begin Sept. 14.
Agendas for these meetings are available online below, and residents can attend to speak to any of the agenda items by registering in advance as a delegation. You can also sign up for alerts to be notified when new agendas are posted.
Coming to Committee & Council
Some highlights of items coming to city standing committee meetings include:
- Confidential discussion on downtown real estate (Sept. 14)
- Proposed bylaw prohibiting feeding wildlife (Sept. 14)
- Financial status & operating budget performance (Sept. 15)
- State of the downtown & recommended performance measures (Sept. 15)
- Confidential updates on OMB hearing re 374 Martha St. development (ADI) and Burlington Airpark (Sept. 15)