To help ensure a successful leaf collection program, residents are reminded to:
- Check the leaf collection schedule at Burlington.ca/leafcollection to see when collection crews will be visiting your street;
- Rake leaves to the edge of the curb or roadway, but not on the road, in a loose pile just prior to the start of collection in their neighbourhood;
- Please keep loose-leaf piles free from sticks and other debris that may damage equipment;
- Debris-filled piles may be bypassed and left to the homeowner to remove;
- Rake leaves to the curb no more than one week before your collection date;
- Ensure loose leaves are not in ditches or covering catch basins in front of homes.