The Friends of Freeman Station is a group of volunteers dedicated to restoring the historic Freeman train station. According to information in the group’s recent newsletter, FOFS has raised about $260,000, which represents about 50% of the estimated cost to restore the station and make it a viable asset to our community.
The following is summary of budget expenditures to date:
- Construction materials, including lumber, paint, hardware, tools….. 11%
- Preparing building prior to move and the move…. 25%
- New Roof ….4%
- Hydro Installation……3%
- Removal of Hazardous materials….4%
- Grading Excavation and back fill …23%
- Basement (foundation)….17%
- Publicity and public relations, including Web site, email services, postage, bank charges, permits, insurance etc…..3%
- Storage rental…..2%
- Acquisition of artifacts…..8%
Our organization is 100% unpaid volunteers.
Can you help? Make a donation, become a FOFS member, or volunteer some sweat equity. Visit their webpage to find out how: