The Air Cadets of 715 Mohawk Squadron, Burlington, will be honouring the 3,600 Canadian lives lost at the Battle of Vimy Ridge by marching 3.6 kilometres from the Royal Canadian Legion, Burlington Branch 60 beginning at 9 a.m. on April 9. The march will result in single lane road closures along the following route:
- Fairview Street travelling east, from Brant Street to Drury Lane
- Drury Lane, south to Prospect Streethttp://ward2news.ca/wp-admin/options-general.php?page=sharing
- Prospect Street, west to George Street
- George Street, south to Ghent Avenue
- Ghent Avenue, west to Brant Street
- Brant Street, south to City Hall, Civic Square
Police will direct traffic at major intersections and event volunteers will assist motorists at multi-residential driveways and on side streets. Streets will reopen as soon as possible following the completion of the march. Emergency Services access will be maintained at all times along the event route.
Event feedback can be submitted at burlington.ca/eventfeedback. Questions related to the road closures or traffic control should be directed to City’s Events Office at 905-335-7600, ext. 7704.
Expect minor delays on Burlington Transit Routes 3 and 5. For more information, call 905-639-0550 or visit burlingtontransit.ca.