Residents are invited to submit a nomination for the Senior Achievement Award.
Each year, the program recognizes extraordinary seniors who, after the age of 65, have made significant contributions to their community and/or province.http://www.citizenship.gov.on.ca/english/citizenship/honours/saa.shtml
To make a nomination:
- Visit ontario.ca/honoursandawards and click on the Senior Achievement Award link.
- Download the appropriate PDF form.
- Read the eligibility criteria and instructions carefully.
- Fill out the form and submit it with your supporting material. Instructions for submitting your nomination can be found on the website under the “How to Nominate” section.
The deadline for nominations is June 15, 2016.
NOTE: this program is different from the Ontario Senior of the Year Award.
For the Ontario Senior Achievement Award, anyone can make a nomination. Each nomination must include:
- A detailed description of the reason why your nominee should receive the award.
- A minimum of two testimonial letters from two separate individuals, other than the nominator, who support the nomination.
To help you with your nomination, attached is a copy of “How to Write a Compelling Nomination.”
Recipients are recommended by an independent selection committee.
Did you know that June is Seniors’ Month in Ontario? This year’s theme is “Seniors Making a Difference.” Take this opportunity to showcase how seniors are making a difference in your community! For more information about Seniors’ Month, visit ontario.ca/seniorsmonth.
If you have questions or require a copy of the nomination form to be mailed to you, contact the Ontario Honours and Awards Secretariat:
Phone: 416 314-7526
Toll-free: 1 877-832-8622
TTY: 416 327-2391