The City of Burlington offers a program to assist people with disabilities to clear the snow that piles up at the end of their driveways after the snow plow has gone by (this snow pile is called a “windrow”).
The city’s Windrow Clearing Program will operate from Nov. 15, 2015 until March 31, 2016 for persons with disabilities. The program is limited to the first 150 registrants.
- A contractor working on behalf of the city will plow the windrow within 16 hours of the road being plowed.
- The snow will be plowed to the side of the driveway to the best of the operator’s ability.
- This service does not include windrows created by sidewalk plows.
- The City of Burlington is not responsible for damages caused by contractor’s equipment.
- Register at the Burlington Seniors’ Centre, 2285 New Street.
- A $51 (non-refundable) fee per driveway entrance for the entire 2014/2015 season must be paid in cash, cheque, debit or credit card (Visa, Master Card or American Express) at time of registration.
- Proof of disability (taxable benefit slip or parking placard) or a doctor’s note declaring the registrant unfit for windrow shoveling must be shown at time of registration. Effective October 2013, medical documentation is required every three years.
Who is Eligible?
- People with disabilities living in a property that fronts onto a municipal road.
- Urban residents living south of Dundas Street and within the Alton Community only.
- An affidavit must be signed declaring there are no able-bodied persons living at the same address.
Application Form: Windrow Clearing Program Application Form (PDF)