How the program works:
- Within 16 hours of the road being plowed, a contractor working on behalf of the City will plow the windrow at the bottom of the driveway.
- Plowing services will run from Nov. 15 until Mar. 31, 2018.
- This service does not include windrows left by sidewalk plows.
- This program is limited to the first 150 registrants.
- The program is open to residents living south of Dundas Street and within the Alton community only.
- Applicants must come to Burlington Senior Centre, 2285 New St., to register. Monday to Friday, 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- The registration period is from Oct. 2 to Nov. 10.
What to bring with you when you register:
- Proof of disability must be shown, such as a Taxable Benefit Slip or Parking Placard, or a doctor’s note declaring the registrant unfit for windrow shoveling. Effective October 2013 medical documentation is required every 3 years.
- A $53.58 non-refundable fee for the entire season must be paid in cash, cheque, debt card or Major Credit cards when registering; this fee applies to each driveway entrance.
For more information on the program please contact:
Roads and Parks Maintenance at 905-333-6166
Web page: Windrow program
For information on snow clearing operations visit www.burlington.ca/snow or call the Winter Control Hotline at 905-335-7706.