On Sunday, March 5, 2017 the Chilly Half Marathon and Frosty 5k Run will be held in support of cancer care at Joseph Brant Hospital.
The following road closures will be in place (see map below):
- 6 a.m. to 3 p.m. – Brant Street, from Maria Street to Pine Street and James Street, from Brant Street to John Street.
- 9:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. Brant Street, from Lakeshore Road to Elgin Street (access to Bunton’s Wharf via Locust Street)
- 9:45 to 10:30 a.m. Lakeshore Road, from Brant Street to Eastport Drive
- 9:45 a.m. to 2 p.m. Lakeshore Road, from Brant Street to just west of Burloak Drive (access to Old Lakeshore Road from the west maintained with delays).
Residents on Lakeshore Road and side streets have three access options:
- Residents on the north side of Lakeshore Road who need access during the race can drive west to or from the nearest side street when the way is clear of emergency vehicles.
- Residents on the south side of Lakeshore Road who need access during the race can call VR Pro at 289-456-6262 or email email@example.com in advance. One of two event vehicles will be sent to help your vehicle through the line of runners.
- Parking is available on side streets, north of Lakshore Road that do not have parking restrictions. Residents are required to apply for an on-street parking exemption at www.burlington.ca/parking. Residents will be permitted to walk along or across Lakeshore Road to access these parked vehicles during the event.
In case of an emergency, call 9-1-1.
Emergency services access will be maintained at all times along the event route.
Bus route detours will be in effect for Routes 3, 10 and 20. Visit www.burlingtontransit.ca.
For more information about road closures or traffic control, please call the event liaison at the City of Burlington at 905-335-7600, ext. 7704.
For more information about the race, visit www.vrpro.ca.