Police launch online form to report traffic complaints

The Halton Regional Police Service (HRPS) have launched a new online form for residents to report traffic complaints. The other online reporting form, “Road Watch,” is still being used.

There is one main difference between Road Watch and Traffic Complaints forms.

Road Watch is VEHICLE specific.  Example:  same driver running stop sign, speeding.  The police go to the home of the vehicle owner and speak to them directly.

Traffic Complaints are LOCATION specific.  Example:  many vehicles running particular stop sign, many vehicles speeding down a specific street.  Police and City staff work together to solve the issue(s).

Below is the direct link to the Traffic Complaint website.

Traffic Complaints form

Road Watch form

City staff will be following up with HRPS on “hot spot” areas and reporting resulting from this new online form.

Written by Marianne Meed Ward

I was inspired to seek public office because I believe, like so many of you, “I can do something about that” on the issues we face. As councilor, my role is to take a stand on what’s best for residents and go to bat for it. Pushback is inevitable from those who don’t have the community’s interests at heart. I will stand with you and for you, to achieve the best interests of our city, without caving to unacceptable compromise in the name of consensus.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Recovering well after car accident

A-frame signs only allowed when sales office is open