in , Seniors

Have your say: Seniors outdoor exercise equipment & Seniors Without Walls program

The Burlington Seniors Community Inc. needs your input!

BSCI’s mandate is to be a leader for information, education, recreation and social interaction for our diverse and growing community of seniors. BSCI takes that mandate seriously, and works on projects that benefit Burlington seniors.

We?d like to hear your views on two of our current projects: Outdoor seniors exercise and social equipment; and Seniors Without Walls.

Please take this survey about these initiatives. BSCI Survey
To learn more about BSCI contact:
bsci4seniors@gmail.com
PO Box 91584, Roseland Plaza,
Burlington, ON L7R 4L6
www.burlingtonsc.org

Written by Marianne Meed Ward

I was inspired to seek public office because I believe, like so many of you, ?I can do something about that? on the issues we face. As councilor, my role is to take a stand on what?s best for residents and go to bat for it. Pushback is inevitable from those who don?t have the community?s interests at heart. I will stand with you and for you, to achieve the best interests of our city, without caving to unacceptable compromise in the name of consensus.

9 Comments

1. RT @MariannMeedWard: HAVE YOUR SAY: SENIORS OUTDOOR EXERCISE EQUIPMENT & SENIORS WITHOUT WALLS PROGRAM https://t.co/kvsp3blGRe https://t.co?

2. HAVE YOUR SAY: SENIORS OUTDOOR EXERCISE EQUIPMENT & SENIORS WITHOUT WALLS PROGRAM https://t.co/kvsp3blGRe https://t.co/kuggUQrJlt

3. I saw outdoor exercise equipment set up in a park in Ireland this spring and people of all ages were using it, not just seniors, including myself. There was a sign beside each piece of equipment showing how to use it correctly. It was fun and I met some very nice people. I would love to have this here!

4. A great idea. Not only for seniors but all of us who are going to one day become seniors. Hamilton has equipment like this at a park on Barton near Sanford. An investment in physical activity and increased mobility has a substantial payback in the long run.

5. I would suggest you tell your councillors how strongly you feel about having this type of outdoor exercise equipment in Burlington. Please volunteer with BSCI to make this happen. Our email address is bsci4seniors@gmail.com

6. Would love to see this

7. Yes they would be great. I would use them.Beats being inside.

8. Yes yes yes have been hoping for this downtown.

9. We have this kind of outdoors exercise circuit for seniors in my city in BC. It is a wonderful resource. In any case, I hate smelly gyms… ?

What's your take? Cancel reply