Residents are invited to apply to manage an ice rink at 12 parks across the city. City staff will work with selected neighbourhood groups to support each rink by providing training, installing rink boards and providing hoses for the water supply.
The 12 parks were selected based on them having a large flat area and a year-round city water supply. In ward 2, Central is the only park that falls under these criteria.
Residents who wish to support a park not listed on the inventory may be considered if they are willing to provide their own water at their expense.
- Have a minimum of six committed households for each winter season;
- Be over the age of 18 to sign the application;
- Live at different addresses;
- Flood and maintain the ice; and
- Provide snow shovels to clear the rink and make sure the rink is shoveled and clear of snow for neighbours to use.
How to get started:
Complete an application form online at www.burlington.ca/neighbourhoodrink until Nov. 1, 2015. Applicants will be advised of approval by Nov. 6, 2015.
Contact or call 905-335-7600, ext. 6454.