On Sunday, March 5, 2017 the Chilly Half Marathon and Frosty 5k Run will be held in support of cancer care at Joseph Brant Hospital.
The following road closures will be in place (see map below):
- 6 a.m. to 3 p.m. – Brant Street, from Maria Street to Pine Street and James Street, from Brant Street to John Street.
- 9:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. Brant Street, from Lakeshore Road to Elgin Street (access to Bunton’s Wharf via Locust Street)
- 9:45 to 10:30 a.m. Lakeshore Road, from Brant Street to Eastport Drive
- 9:45 a.m. to 2 p.m. Lakeshore Road, from Brant Street to just west of Burloak Drive (access to Old Lakeshore Road from the west maintained with delays).
Residents on Lakeshore Road and side streets have three access options:
- Residents on the north side of Lakeshore Road who need access during the race can drive west to or from the nearest side street when the way is clear of emergency vehicles.
- Residents on the south side of Lakeshore Road who need access during the race can call VR Pro at 289-456-6262 or email [email protected] in advance. One of two event vehicles will be sent to help your vehicle through the line of runners.
- Parking is available on side streets, north of Lakshore Road that do not have parking restrictions. Residents are required to apply for an on-street parking exemption at www.burlington.ca/parking. Residents will be permitted to walk along or across Lakeshore Road to access these parked vehicles during the event.
In case of an emergency, call 9-1-1.
Emergency services access will be maintained at all times along the event route.
Bus route detours will be in effect for Routes 3, 10 and 20. Visit www.burlingtontransit.ca.
For more information about road closures or traffic control, please call the event liaison at the City of Burlington at 905-335-7600, ext. 7704.
For more information about the race, visit www.vrpro.ca.
5 CommentsLeave a Reply
What % of the fee participants pay goes towards Joseph Brant Hospital?
Marianne, my understanding is that the organizers of this race benefit financially in addition to the donation to Joseph Brant. Since a large swath of south Burlington is inconvenienced on an annual basis, is it too much to ask that complete financial disclosure about this event be made public?
Further, since south Burlington seems to be continually inconvenienced with several of these races, I would like to see the city start to “share” these races across the city.
How about moving the race to New Street! Its already screwed up 😂😱🙈🙉
Is there talk of ever moving this race or alternating the sides of Lakeshore that can access the road. We’re on the south side and are always trapped in our building. Even when we book a martial to come they never show up. It affects our kids Swim classes and one son’s bday. Tired of being held hostage in my home or having to deal with issues for my son to have a bday party