Road/lane closures for Good Friday road race, Aldershot March 25
The 43rd annual Good Friday Road Race on Friday, March 25, will result in road and lane closures. Streets will reopen as soon as possible following the completion of the final race. Vehicles parked illegally in the event area will be tagged or towed to allow emergency access.
• 8 to 11:30 a.m. Fairwood Place, in the area directly in front of Aldershot School will be closed to traffic with local access to residences maintained, subject to race delays.
• 9 to 11:30 a.m. North Shore Boulevard West from Fairwood Place to Unsworth will be closed to through traffic. Local access to residents within the closed area will be maintained, subject to race delays. Through traffic on North Shore Boulevard west will be detoured at LaSalle Park Road and at Plains Road West.
Traffic lane closures
• All other streets on the race route will have one lane open for local access.
• Urgent access assistance: residents can get access to or from their homes to cross the race route, subject to race delays, by contacting the road marshal from the race committee at 905-467-7391 in advance or on race day. An escort vehicle will be sent to escort your vehicle through the closed section of the course, subject to race delays.
• Emergency Services access will be maintained at all times along the event route. Supervision and route management
• Halton Regional Police Service will direct traffic at major intersections and event marshals will help runners and motorists at multi-residential driveways and on side streets.
• Race notices were delivered to all residences, religious centres and businesses affected by the race.
Provide event feedback here: www.burlington.ca/eventfeedback
For additional information: Road closures or traffic control Event liaison, City of Burlington, 905-335-7600, ext. 7704.